Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Written while both hungry & thirsty

Let's kick things off with another exquisite photo from the Lowndes Grove shoot, shall we?

I'm walking about 50 feet down the street in a few minutes to our friends at Nancy Koltes At Home who are hosting Skirt! magazine editor Nikki Hardin's book signing and pajama party (two great tastes that taste great together?...or something like that). Nikki's selling and signing her book, PMS: Problems Men Started, which she co-wrote with Caitlin McPhillips. I am a huge fan of any woman who can take a dreaded acronym like (gasp!) PMS and turn into something witty and laugh out loud funny.

In other news, was chatting with Pastry Chef Susie Ieronemo the other day and...okay, confession. Part of the reason I went to see her was in the hopes she would let me taste something off the new dessert menu. And so she did, lucky me! I ate the most delicious crepe of my life actually, right out of the pan. It's made with rice flour and coconut milk and is fantastic all by itself. I get positively giddy when I think about what it will taste like filled with hazelnut cream and topped with orange mousse. Shut. Your. Mouth.

While I'm at it, I should share our Manager and resident Mixologist Evan Powell's new additions to our cocktail menu. They are all quite divine and heavily inspired by the lovely spring (all 4 days of it) awaiting us.

Holy City Mojito
Locally grown strawberries, rum, mint and sugar cane

Spring Fling
Limes, cucumber, simple syrup, gin and soda

Orange Sparkler
Cointreau, blood orange juice and sparkling sake

Pink Sparkler
Pernod, pink grapefruit juice and sparkling sake

Sundae Martini
Absolut vanilla, amaretto and cherry syrup

Dirty with an accent
Niçoise olives, olive juice, gin and dry vermouth

Now that I have rendered myself both hungry and thirsty, I must away, but will leave you with this: one of the cooler restaurant manifestos I have ever read. From a Brooklyn establishment, brilliantly named Flatbush Farm & Bar(n).

No comments: