Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

And when I say FIERCE, I mean awesome.


What a weekend, kids. C of C graduation, also known as the onslaught of white dresses and dinner jackets, wedding season in full swing (more white dresses), not to mention Presidential daughter nuptials in Texas, Mother's Day, tornadoes, oh MY!

Was reading a bit about Jenna Bush's wedding. Father/daughter dance song? "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker. Yawn. Her Oscar de la Renta dress was lovely, but I really wanted to see the 14 (um, huh?) bridesmaid dresses in varying shades of Texas wildflower. (That's what they said, I swear.) At any rate, I also happened upon the site of dress designer Jenny Lee during this research. Not only did I dig many of her designs, I was struck that many of the dress models were photographed "in nature." Although, none, may I say, were as striking as the gem above taken last summer at Lowndes Grove by our pal Taylor Stewart. Fierceness in the Lowcountry, y'all!

By the by, tonight is our Sequoia Grove wine dinner with winemaker and green goddess, Molly Hill. I am sure you will be there with your Mom since I gave you that great tip about it being the best Mother's Day present and all, right? That's what I thought. (Evan donned a jacket just for the occasion!)

No comments: