Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday at Charleston's finest hospitality company

The very good folks at Dragon Boat Charleston are stars of an incredible documentary called Awaken the Dragon by my friend and filmmaker Liz Oakley. Last weekend, American Theater played host to an Amazing Race fundraiser for the documentary that raised nearly $12,000. We received this lovely thank you through our friends at Grand Ideas:

“Thank you, my friends… I wanted you to know we had a very successful event and believe we raised over $12K for the documentary’s editing. As I told you, Liz Oakley is an amazing woman and a true professional. I can’t wait to see her collect that Academy Award! Thank you for allowing us the use of the American Theater yesterday. The event was a GRAND success and many families I spoke with at the Finish Line said we should do it next year because it was an event kids could really enjoy and there weren’t that many things for kids to do around Piccolo outside of Marion Square on Saturday mornings…"

Hey, Internet, here's your quick list of South Carolina produce that's currently in-season. Of course, it may not all be currently available, but check out the Farmer's Market tomorrow and see!
  • Beans
  • Beets
  • Blueberries
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Cantaloupe
  • Cucumbers
  • Green Onions
  • Leeks
  • Peaches
  • Peas
  • Peppers
  • Radishes
  • Yellow squash
  • Strawberries
  • Sweet corn
  • Tomatoes
  • Watermelons

And now, I shall be on my way. A nod to The William Aiken House, dressed in its finery for tonight's event, a wave to Lowndes Grove as the breeze from the Ashley River greets me, the sweet smell of the delicious sauces simmering at Fish. Goodnight, John Boy.

No comments: