Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

Design walk, haiku & PROM STORIES!


Last night's Upper King Design Walk was a smashing success and thanks to everyone who came out to support one of the city's best neighborhoods. The weather was lovely; the sidewalks were teeming with people and hey, the Mayor did the ribbon cutting at SieMatic! Good stuff. Check out the City Paper's Flickr pics and video of the Mayor's speech.

Check out this moo shu haiku submission. Not only is it thorough, but it rhymes! And yes, still accepting submissions via comments or email: jenny@patpropllc.com.

Soup, salad, moo-shu,
Fish, shrimp, beef, chicken, tofu
Ten dollar lunch: woo hoo

Okay, now for the crux of this post. It's Spring here in Charleston and that means it's prom season! In fact, as I type this post, the young ladies of Ashley Hall are decking out The American Theater for their Havana Night prom. We have sneaked a few peeks and the space is looking marvelous. Potted palms, large, fake butterflies and vintage Visit Cuba posters as far as the eye can see! I have to say, it got all of us at PP headquarters harking back to our own prom memories.

So, me being me, I sent out an email to the company asking folks to share their prom theme and/or song and the color of their dress, tux or suit. Here, then, are some highlights.

(Please note: it's no typo. There were, in fact, two occurrences of Boyz II Men. Names have been omitted to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent.)


After deep thought, I think my theme was “End of the Road” in reference to the hot band at the time… Boyz II Men. This is embarrassing.



My dress was yellow and super big like Cinderella’s. It was the year that the style was to wear a tight fitting dress, and I was the anarchist.



“Lady In Red” is coming to mind as a prominent song. “Always” by Atlantic Starr also big. The swoon song, if you will. Hard to remember since it was so long ago and I barely have memory left at this point… I wore a lovely baby blue number with lace up to my chin. Sleeveless but had a nice big ruffle that went across the front and covered my shoulders. You’ve seen Mystic Pizza, yes? My date wore a white tux with a matching blue cummerbund.



Mine was "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye" by Boyz II Men!



I guess I have always loved me some baby blue—from Prom to Wedding.



Senior prom : dress was strapless and rose colored. Junior year: turquoise. Freshman year was a hideous dress with a rainbow bodice and blue-ish bottom.



I wore a borrowed, black strapless number. Song was “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton. My date asked me while I was in the hospital recovering from appendicitis. He broke a pact with his friends to ask me. (They were planning to boycott and go golfing.)



As I was walking downstairs to greet my date at my house, a mother came running up behind me realizing I was exposing my behind…due to my zipper being completely broken at the bottom of my dress near my rear! So, I was sewn into my dress my senior year!



I attended a prom and the theme was Shania Twain’s “From This Moment,” and we went cow tipping afterwards. Welcome to Kentucky.



I didn’t go to prom…my father showed up at school 3 weeks before and threatened to shoot the knee-caps off of anyone who thought about alcohol in my presence. Needless to say, the phone wasn’t ringing off the hook.



Our theme was Viva Las Vegas, and I wore a red dress. Got lucky, too.

No comments: