Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let me 'splain

Okay, two of our fine sales managers, my trusty photographer and I were out at Lowndes Grove this afternoon taking in the flurry of activity that is the homestretch of this leg of this historic and incredible renovation. We have new photos. However, I must tell you that in an effort to let the artisans, workmen and painters who are toiling so hard complete their individual "works of art," I made the decision to only include one color shot of finished paint. Here's why: I just can't bear to spoil the surprise. I promise you will be blown away by the finished product and these photos are still great in their own right. So, with that in mind, take a look.

In other news, we did some window dressing at 440 King Street today: a little shout-out to the Food + Wine Festival, which by the by, kicks off tomorrow night. Nico and the folks at Fish are super psyched, as am I. It's going to be a big weekend.

One other tidbit: yesterday I received a comment from a fan of the blog (Thank you, gentle reader!), who asked for some personal information about me, like where and what did I go to school for and what exactly is my job. I've tried to keep this blog representative of Patrick Properties as a whole. Because although I'm pretty darn fascinating personally, this just isn't about me.

However, I will say this: I graduated with B.A. in English (Much to my Father's dismay. Upon hearing my major declaration, he groaned loudly.) Oh, and I nearly finished my M.F.A. in Creative Writing (more groaning from Dad). And though I'm not telling you my job title, it suffices to say that my job is quite different every day (one of the things I like most about it). It's marketing, advertising, public relations, writer, blogger, negotiator and things in-between, all rolled into one.

Tomorrow I will give Ashley Gunnin, Lowndes Grove General Manager, the time, space and love she so richly deserves.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek into the GLAMOROUS world of hospitality.

No comments: