Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Puttin' the BAR back in BARgain

You like that? That's what writing nonsense and doodling on a conference call will do for you, kids. Magic!

But truly, Happy Hour drink prices (subhead: during these trying economic times) are nothing to sneeze at. As a reminder, Fish now proudly offers Happy Hour, or as the French call it, Bonne Heure, Monday through Friday, from 5:30 until 8 pm. During which time, you can partake in:

$2.50 Bud & Bud Light

$3.50 well drinks

$4 specialty cocktails

$5 house wine

$1 dim sum!

And, far be it from me to reccomend something I did not actually try. I was present for Fish's inaugural Happy Hour and I must say it was an extremely pleasant, yummy, relaxing and affordable experience. Hip hip hooray!

While we're talking economic conditions, I must say I am always fascinated and delighted by what advertisers, artists, writers, marketers and creatives of all shapes and sizes will do to make us laugh in spite of our worries, anxieties and other things that make our shoulders crawl up toward our ears. AND reveal little moments of greatness and beauty while they're at it. For instance, take a look at this WWII propaganda redux that is just as true today as it was in 1939.

Check this out, too. I was talking to some folks the other day about our collective "need to know," especially during times of uncertainty. We want to know and feel good about our decisions: from who is growing our vegetables to taking the time to handwrite a note...or NOT, as the case may be. This is genius and also somehow disconcerting. Pay someone to write a lovely card for you (strict no stalking policy). I'm just not sure how I feel about it and yet, as a writer and lover of paper, I'm thrilled. Mmm, mixed feelings. Still, nice stationery! Take a letter, Maria!

No comments: