Our blog has moved!
Check out our new home:
blog.patpropllc.com

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

New Year's Eve

I have to be honest. I really don't care for New Year's. As my friend Anne says, "It's amateur night." And more than that, I think it's a lot of build up and then a big let down. Have I sufficiently bummed you out? What I think is fun at New Year's is getting together with friends, laughing, talking and singing (yes, singing) over some fantastic food. And NO, this is not some shameless plug for spending your New Year's Eve with Fish. I mean, it sort of is, but it's more about me talking about what happens when great food and good people get together and spend some time. 'Tis rather magical.

But of course, I will give you our New Year's Eve prixe fixe menu. Roasted butternut squash soup. Truffled crimini mushrooms with five-spice pecans.

Then, you get to choose. Maybe you're feeling the broiled Alaskan King Crab legs with spicy cilantro aioli and fava bean salad. No? Perhaps the open short rib dumpling with truffled crimini mushrooms and coffee tamarind sauce. HOLY MOTHER, it is divine. Perhaps you'd like the roasted breast of duck with pumpkin, French lentils, pearl onions and five-spice glaze. Finally, there is the pan seared filet of red snapper with sautéed sea bean asparagus, fried noodles, candied ginger and green curry cream.

Oh, and lest I forget desserts by our new Pastry Chef, Susie Ieronemo: to include chocolate mousse cake sundae and coconut custard, cherry curd & ginger caramel. I know. That's what I'm saying. Yes, New Year's can be a ridiculous romp of sappy songs and bad champagne. But New Year's Eve with fine folks, fine food and libations and the time to enjoy it all? Near perfection, my friends. Time's a wastin'. Please call 843.722.FISH for reservations.

My plans? My couch, Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve and mallomars. Lots of 'um. (Kidding.)

No comments: